Eric Nylund leaves Microsoft

AvalonX

It is a departure enough therefore to do the work of a complete article! Eric Nylund, Narrative Design Director within Microsoft Game Studio, leaves his duties towards infinity and in the beyond! At least to new projects not yet announced which should, according to him, the definition of entertainment in the 21st century.

Fans of the Halo series, you know this author since the early hours of the saga. It is, above all, one that has shaped the mythology of the Spartans-II alongside Bungie for the release of Halo: Combat Evolved by publishing the novel "the fall of Reach", as well as the novel prequel to Halo 2, "Operation First Strike".

In addition, he had also written "Ghost Of Onyx" in 2006, describing the creation of the Spartan-III program and the end of the Spartan-II Kurt-051, a base that would be used in part to 343 Industries to launch the Kilo-Five trilogy written by Karen Traviss, and had participated in the writing of the comic Genesis accompanying Halo Wars.

Shortly after this, you could find him at the helm of the journal of Dr. Catherine Halsey for players is being provided the Collector of Halo Reach edition, suffice to say that Eric Nylund is a fundamental of the Halo universe that we had and it helped has shape.

In 2009, our team in the person of Clement Jacob aka Yoshiki had the chance to chat with Eric Nylund time to a very lengthy written interview that we warmly recommend you read if it is not yet done: an exclusive interview of Eric Nylund, the famous novelist Halo!

He has also participated in many other franchises like Gears of War, but this is a whole different story.

Sincerely, we wish good luck to this author who has been able to make us dream and offer us a part of the universe that have rocked most our childhood. Let us be confident about its future, so that he can, as he wishes, set the 21st century entertainment!
No this SUCKS. Eric wrote the Fall Of Reach which is the greatest Halo novel, if you have not read it yet, go get it.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back