Forge Forum Guidelines

Zandril

Staff member
From
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
Greetings, member. Welcome to the Forge forum of Halo Forum. If you intend on posting your map, please follow these simple guidelines.

What should be in your map post?

• THREAD TITLE - The title of your thread should simply be the name of your creation. You can tag the map with "BETA", "PREVIEW", or "WIP" if it is unfinished.
    Example: Good title - The Pit
  • Example: Bad title - MLG Pit v5.5 [AWESOME REMAKE]

[*]MEDIA - If you are posting a thread for a creation of yours (map, gametype, etc.), your thread must be accompanied with media. The requirement is at least one screenshot or video. Your thread will be locked if you fail to provide media.
[*]Suggestion: The more media, the better. More media will give viewers a better idea of your creation and could motivate them to download it and/or give you feedback.
[*]Suggestion: Quality of your media is better than the quantity of it. Three solid screenshots and a gameplay video is better than ten awful screenshots.
[*]Suggestion: Don't make a long write-up. This could bore your audience. Keep you point brief.
[*]INTRODUCTION - Introduce your creation and yourself. Give the background and history of the creation, including things like inspiration, purpose, goals, etc. Give readers a reason to care.
[*]INFORMATION - Provide information on your creation. This gives your readers some vital information that will allow them to understand if this creation will interest them. Important pieces of information include:
Player Count:
Supported Gametypes:
Suggested Gametypes:
Weapon List & Spawn Times:

• DOWNLOAD LINK - Include a download link to your creation. Failure to do so will result in the locking of your thread. To get a download link for your creation, go to Halo Waypoint. Make sure you are signed in with your Xbox Live account. In the top right corner, click on your Gamertag, then click on "FILE SHARE". Locate your file, either under "GAME TYPES" or "MAP VARIANTS". You must then click on the file, and then use the URL appropriately. Do not link viewers to your File Share. Give them a direct link to the file.

Example of a proper download link

Is the only way to grab screenshots with a capture card? I think maybe for new forgers you can outline a Forge 101 post. That might helps a lot.

Well, if you're lucky enough to have a capture card, then yeah pretty much. Unless you're able to get a very, very good camera set up going. Or be uploading the original Halo map packs I guess, since it's on Steam?

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back