Games that everyone loves but you don't

Zandril

Staff member
From
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
Hello gentlemen/ladies

I am curious as to what games you guys do not like/get but everyone else seems to love.

For me, it's Call of Duty (I'm sure a lot of people would back me up on this one.) and Guitar Hero.

I play a little guitar myself but I just can't seem to learn how to play Guitar Hero right.

The Final Fantasy games that are turn-based also bored me a little.

I'm going to go with Final Fantasy. Pretty boring stuff if you ask me (and I'm an RPG fan).

I may be the only one, but I've never liked Shadow of the Colossus. I've played it twice now, but I just couldn't get into it. I think the concept is great, but the execution is so sloppy and the game just feels empty. Now that they have the HD version out, I might give it another try--but I'm not holding my breath.

Minecraft is the prime example, but I understand the appeal. Condemned is another example, as I find that it executed many things decently, but had mediocre gameplay and little replayability. Fable would have been my foremost example if it were unanimously adored, as it has stale gameplay, tons of meaningless filler, and hasn't achieved what it set out to do after three games (although I found the first to be good for its time).

I'm with you on that one. Call of Duty is a generic shooter that now serves as the basis for which most games now attempt to duplicate in order to sell more copies. I also can say I'm not a huge fan of Gears of War or Battlefield. I'm terrible at both games, and I haven't made an effort to improve to be honest, but those games aren't my type exactly.

Call of Duty games. They're just typical shooters with little to no change between their platforms yet they put different maps in each one, or have DLC out the ass for it. It makes the series watered down. And it's virtually all online. The story modes aren't anything that stand out, and the profiles, perks, and guns make it seem like they didn't really want to hand out very much customization and that's what I'm all about.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back