Greatest FPS Series of All Time

What is the greatest FPS game series of all time?

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Battlefield

• Bioshock

• Call of Duty

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Doom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duke Nukem

• Half-Life

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Killzone

• Left 4 Dead

• Medal of Honor

• Metroid Prime

• Unreal

• Wolfenstein

• Total voters

ChrisFPS

Vote and let yourself be heard! It's time for the ultimate FPS poll that will determine the most awesome first-person shooter franchise of all time. Since this is the Halo forum, Halo is not included to avoid voter bias. (If you wish, you can assume that Halo is #1 for the purposes of this poll :ph34r: ).

Let the fun begin!

Bioshock gets my vote. While the second game in the series was perhaps just a rehash, I can never find a way to adequately praise the first game; it's a work of art. That's not to say that Bioshock 2 isn't also an amazing game, a really cool trick isn't so cool when you do it multiple times, which is why I'm glad they've headed in a new direction with Infinite, which also looks amazing. I can already tell I will be blown away by Infinite, but just how good it will be remains to be seen.

Definitely battlefield. The destructible world really sells it for me and the frostbite engine is great.

I love the Battlefield series, no doubt about it. It's more enjoyable for me to play rather than the Call of Duty series. The community on Battlefield is more laid back and relaxed. On the other hand, Call of Duty is filled with little kids screaming around.

Definitely Bioshock Infinite. Then again, I'm a sucker for crazy stories and I know BI doesn't have the best FPS gameplay. Still, it was fun!

I have to go with Battlefield. No one really thought of FPS games on that scale before so they were a pioneer in that aspect. Then they pioneered the whole destructable map aspect in shooters. Bioshock is a close second because of its story and presentation. The atmostphere is great.

Metroid Prime isn't exactly a FPS, but I'll go with that one for this poll.

Call of Duty is greatest! Playing the campaign makes me feel like I'm in a movie.

Greatest?

007. Goldeneye 64 was a staple on my Nintendo 64. And it launched an ERA of FPS that came after it where they only got better. So I guess you can say it was the FPS's grand-daddy.

For me it will always be Half Life 2. Hands down one of the best FPS games ever made. It is a true testament not just to FPS but to PC Gaming. It set the bar for all FPS's to follow.

The company behind the game; Valve brought the world something Magnificent at the time. And not to mention the numerous mods that were developed such as Counter Strike, Team Fortress and Day of Defeat. Just an absolute classic and so much value for money.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back