Halo 3 is free starting 10/16 for real this time!

AvalonX

As a part of the 2 games free deal for being a Gold Live member Halo 3 will become free July 1st. This could breath some life into the game especially if 343 does some playlist cleanup. It does not come with all the maps for MP however you can grab a used copy of ODST with the full Halo 3 MP on disk. This way you have the best of both worlds.

AvalonX said:
It does not come with all the maps for MP
And already people are complaining non-stop about it as if this wasn't something they were getting for free. :mellow:

Actually a lot of complaints are coming from the fact that it didn't go free today. They very heavily implied that to start off this promotion July 1st Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 would be free. It will be, just not today. A little deceptive by Microsoft.

I hope that whenever Halo 3 is released for free that the online population will pick up at least for a day.

AvalonX said:
Actually a lot of complaints are coming from the fact that it didn't go free today. They very heavily implied that to start off this promotion July 1st Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3 would be free. It will be, just not today. A little deceptive by Microsoft.
Screw deceptive. It's just a di*k move. They got the community all excited and then took a dump on their hopes.

Really? Everyone I heard talking about it said they weren't excited for older games. I used to have Assassin's Creed II, but I'm not sure if I'd play through it again. I just played through Halo 3 somewhat recently, so I wasn't all that excited about it. Still, free is free, I suppose. It makes no difference to me when they're released, though. I don't think they every actually said that ACII and Halo 3 would be released on July 1st, just that they would be included in the bunch. I may be incorrect, though; anyone who has a source for whatever was said can correct me.

Ok, got it from Major Nelson.
http://majornelson.com/2013/09/30/games-with-gold-might-magic-clash-of-heroes-and-halo-3-free-in-october/

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in September will be Might & Magic Clash of Heroes and
Halo 3.
Starting Tuesday (October 1st) Might & Magic Clash of Heroes (Normally US $14.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through October 15th .
Then on October 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Halo 3 (Normally US $14.99) for free.
No mention of DLC or anything like that but even the core maps would surely get a boost from this. I really hope people get hooked again. It will give 343 incentive to make Halo 5 a true Halo game.

And to think, we're now having to pay for it as part of the Halo collection, although I suppose we can't exactly complain given the price, for four games and a beta.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back