Microsoft killing Halo 2 Vista servers

AvalonX

I guess the final nail in the coffin, no more Halo 2 Vista. I know some are using Xbox connect on their 360's to play Halo 2 online but I have not done so yet. I imagine Halo 2 for the nextbox is a sure thing now.

That's sucks, I always loved halo 2, but at least we still have memories of one of the greatest games ever

It's all about profit, not memories and fun with these companies! /shrug

Actually if nobody is spending money to play them then shutting them down makes sense, why spend resources supporting content not many play when you could focus on new stuff.

Hey guys,

If anybody would be interested in getting the Halo 2 PC achievements with me before the servers are taken down ( ASAP ideally =] ), please swing me an email at aberrant21@gmail.com or add me / message me on XBL my gamer tag is Aberrant.

Cheers guys!

This is a total bummer. From what I've read, it hasn't been very active as of late, (understandable considering its age) but I wanted an opportunity to play Halo 2 online again. With that being said, I understand that servers do cost money, so it's a necessary action. Perhaps 343 will make Halo 2 Anniversary with included online multiplayer (minus the glitches :3).

Wow. So there goes the last bit of hope for being able to play Halo 2 online I guess. It's sad to see it go, but I suppose it was good while it lasted right? I met a lot of good players while playing it and made quite a few fond memories playing Slayer and Oddball. Shame, but hear's hoping for a remake (think Halo: Anniversary)...

Well, we know that Halo 2 Anniversary is coming, so I guess you predicted it, eh? Still, but of a shame for them to cancel it this early on, making us wait months to get out Halo 2 fix.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back