What do you think of the Halo 5 Guardians Beta?

WheezyPirate

I want to hear what you all think of the new beta! I've been playing it non-stop over the past few weeks. I absolutely love it, and this is coming from a player that absolutely despised 343i's Halo 4.

The new abilities don't ruin the gameplay. Ground pounds are surprisingly difficult to get, so they are far from overpowered. The dash ability is a nice tactical touch. It can get you out of some sticky situations if you're fast with it. Also, I think the assault rifle might be a bit overpowered, but it's nothing too serious.

The fact that everybody starts with the same loadout is just plain beautiful. It's what made Halo such a great game. Balanced teams, balanced maps, and power weapons to fight for. It's great to be back.

In a word: Intense. Though the production quality seems to have shifted a bit, it's not a bad change. The multiplayer feels more balanced, the weapons don't feel overpowered, and the maps seem like they have had time put into them.

I didn't get a great opportunity to play the beta, I was sick and busy with work and whatnot, but there are both upsides and downsides to what I gathered from the experience. I did like how 343 had switched to a "down sights" aiming style for all weapons, even though it's totally new to Halo. I'm not sure how I feel about the automatic character yelling they decided to go with, although I realize it gives you strategic information, it just seems a little off to me. So far I like what they've done with the maps they have, and I like the new gametype, Breakout. My only hopes are that they keep things going on the positive side, but if they keep it up they should have no problem.

It sort of reminded me of Titanfall to be honest, there was a really similar aesthetic. The movement and the play style was a lot different from the Halo I once knew.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back