What Jobs did you have that SUCKED HORRIBLY?

Shimus

From
NW PA, Erie Region
Everyone has worked a job. Even if you're disabled and in a wheelchair, chances are you've done some type of manual labor too. This thread is about the jobs you hated the most; and why.

Mine is Fast Food. All my life in these small towns I live in the Fast Food is the only readily available job type. The minimum wage in my state is 7.25, which is horrendous. You get treated like crap, the customers are rude as heck, and the management doesn't care about the quality of food as long as the food makes it out on time. They never give you enough help either. I've worked at McDonalds, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Burger King. None are good. They expect a high turnover for a reason.

Next to that, there are some factory jobs around here that would hire you off the bat - because they expect you to be gone in a month. They don't train you properly and you're just thrown into the mix and are expected to pick up what they're doing. And they're using heavy machinery like kids use toys. No training. Seems smart, right? And the management doesn't care half of the time anyways, they're busy sapping employee benefits to go ride another Carnival Cruise liner somewhere (like the Bahamas).

I hate things like this. Hard to find decent work with just a High School Diploma. I had various life issues that prevented me from attending college and now I'm really feeling it.

Anyone else have job issues? Jobs you hated? Explain!

I had a job in 2014 working for a foreign couple who owned an international business set up in a dozen countries or so. They were basically medical service intermediaries, and filthy rich. In our office, a standard transaction was around $55k USD, most of it profit, and the sales people only got a $125 USD commission out of it.

Anyway, I was an overqualified chauffeur and gopher. I had to pick up clients from the airport, drive them around, and buy office supplies, as well as do basic accounting and staff schedules.
The pay sucked hard (less than US minimum wage for owning a car and using it as the company car, no expenses paid, and for a bilingual employee), I had to drive almost 2 hours to work and about 2 and a half hours back home, working 9 hours a day 6 days a week.

The boss was nice but cheap and the wife was insufferable 95% of the time.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back