Xbox Surface 7-inch tablet coming soon

crunchyg

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft is secretly developing a new Xbox tablet at its Silicon Valley offices. The Xbox Surface will run a custom Windows kernel, most likely a modification of Windows RT, provided that it's built on ARM architecture. According to the Verge, the hardware is in currently in the planning stage.

Source

I'm not totally sure I see the point for this right now.

In theory, couldn't SmartGlass be used as a way to emulate a XBOX surface on pretty much any device?

So what does this mean? Will we be able to play current Xbox games on the tablet? And if so, what is the point of the tablet?

I'm not sure I see the relevance of this product. It seems Microsoft are jumping on the current tablet craze that has swept the world.

Yeah, I'm not understanding the draw of this either aside from the "me too" of it. That's why I brought up the Smart Glass thing. It seems they are experimenting with too many things and the result is going to make some of their products irrelevant before they even get out the gates.

"Tablet" is the new buzz word, every company wants to be selling one. As for playing xbox games on one? Pass, I'm loving my massive flat screen a little too much to switch to a 7 inch screen, it's actually a little funny. Getting a head shot is hard enough already, thanks, but to do it on a 7 inch screen where the enemy has a 3 pixel high head? Lol, good luck with that.

"Tablet" is the new buzz word, every company wants to be selling one. As for playing xbox games on one? Pass, I'm loving my massive flat screen a little too much to switch to a 7 inch screen, it's actually a little funny. Getting a head shot is hard enough already, thanks, but to do it on a 7 inch screen where the enemy has a 3 pixel high head? Lol, good luck with that.

They can keep their "buzz word" lol. I like doing my gaming on my television or my comptuer. I swear it's as though companies are pushing for tablets to replace everything.

They can keep their "buzz word" lol. I like doing my gaming on my television or my comptuer.

Did I mention that if mobile device makers have their way nobody will own a laptop computer much longer? Hah, they keep saying that mobile use is exploding and that laptops are dying in popularity which may be true but when you consider that there are 3 desktop computers in use for every 1 mobile device (in the U.S.) you have to call BS ya know? I will never give up my laptop for a mobile device, like ever!

Did I mention that if mobile device makers have their way nobody will own a laptop computer much longer? Hah, they keep saying that mobile use is exploding and that laptops are dying in popularity which may be true but when you consider that there are 3 desktop computers in use for every 1 mobile device (in the U.S.) you have to call BS ya know? I will never give up my laptop for a mobile device, like ever!

Honestly, I did notice that. It's very similar on how they're trying to talk of "cloud" as a way to do away with the external and solid state drives

has anyone tried to play any games on tablets, or even ipod/ iphone? they are hard to control and not as fun COD Nazi zombies to be specific. Game looks exactly the same as it did on xbox but the controls are all on screen and make the game hard to play. I can't see this going big if it get developed.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back