Zan's Halo 4 Map Marker Pack

Zandril

Staff member
From
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
Hey guys, I recently made a map marker pack for all you Forgers out there.

4Shared Link: 4shared.com/zip/g_6uxGto/Zans_Halo_4_Map_Markers_V3.html

Mediafire Link: mediafire.com/download/71bha9jjucy19ya/Zan%27s+Halo+4+Map+Markers+V3.zip

I explain what a map marker pack is in this video.

NOTE: My mic was having problems when I recorded the video. As a result, the audio is quite weak.

If you guys find the video and the Map Marker Pack helpful, could you subscribe to my YouTube channel? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

If you don't want to watch the video, then I'll explain it here as well.

I'm going to start off by making you take a look at two screenshots.

This one

and this one

Now, which screenshot tells you more about the map?
I don't know about you, but for me, it's the second one. All because spawns, flags, and weapons have been marked instead of a plain overview shot.

That's basically what this Map Marker Pack is. It's a collection of PNG images that you can edit into your map's overview screenshot.

What's in the download?

- The complete set of weapons from all races.
- All vehicles.
- All the icons for all gametypes.
- A blue and red flag marker.
- A blue and red spawn marker.
- My preferred fonts when making a title picture of the map.

I made this because it matters to me if a map post looks good or not. I know that most forgers don't care about this but I made this for those that do.

Here are some screenshots of the files in the download

This has a white version (included in the download)

Here's an example of what you can do for a title picture using the fonts I provided along with the gametype icons.

That's pretty much it. If you have any suggestions that would make this Map Marker Pack better, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue icons look really nice. It would be great if we used something like this for our sub-forum icons.

Thanks man. Glad you like it. I'm actually working on a v2 of this image pack right now where I'll be implementing suggestions I got from others.

I can make a forge icon for the forum if you want.

v2 Download links

4Shared Link 4shared.com/zip/4MSu5MD3/Zans_Halo_4_Map_Markers_v2.html

Mediafire Link mediafire.com/download/d8qdqf5urby1j0x/Zan's+Halo+4+Map+Markers+v2.zip​

Since the post editor won't let me embed any more pictures, here's a link to another thread explaining the second version of the Map Marker Pack.

forgehub.com/forum/halo-forge-discussion/145910-zans-halo-4-map-marker-pack.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Zandril said:
Since the post editor won't let me embed any more pictures, here's a link to another thread explaining the second version of the Map Marker Pack.
Are you sure you're using the image function correctly? Because images should open up in a lightbox, like below, and that shouldn't count toward an attachment limit.

K4TRA1J.png

Zandril said:
Thanks man. Glad you like it. I'm actually working on a v2 of this image pack right now where I'll be implementing suggestions I got from others.

I can make a forge icon for the forum if you want.
That would be great actually!

Last edited:
I was just embedding image codes. But the site kept telling me that I posted too much. But I'll try again.

I'll also get working on that icon. :)

UPDATE

V3 will have the following

- A lot more initial spawn markers
- A new weapon and vehicle marker pack
- Gauss Hog and Rocket Hog markers
- Markers for Overshield, Damage Boost, Speed Boost

I'm currently trying to add initial spawn markers for Flood mode.

* If anyone has any further suggestions, let me know so that I can look into it before releasing V3.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back