Can Halo 4 and Bungie's new game co exist peacefully?

crossunitedfate

It's no secret that Halo is Bungie's baby that 343 now develops. But now Bungie is making a new game called Destiny.

So, do you think fanboys will let the games exist in harmony? Or, do you think that they'll start the usual "wars"?

Demonware tested Destiny and find the development so far to be a lot like what Bungie had done with Halo. Personally I think Bungie is making a big mistake since people who love HALO own HALO and won't likely play HALO and Destiny, ya know? There are only enough free hours in the day...

Demonware tested Destiny and find the development so far to be a lot like what Bungie had done with Halo. Personally I think Bungie is making a big mistake since people who love HALO own HALO and won't likely play HALO and Destiny, ya know? There are only enough free hours in the day...

Well in a way, I don't blame them. For the most part, Halo was turning them into a "one trick" pony. Sure they made Marathon before hand, but hardly anyone even knew the game existed until Halo begame a big thing. It's no different from halo competing for time with COD players. All Destiny does is add one more game to the mix.

I don't see why Destiny and Halo wouldn't co-exist peacefully. The likelihood is, they'll use the same engine but it'll be a completely different game. Unless, of course, the game is set in the Halo universe, which may not be too radical. They still own the rights to Halo, right?

I don't see why Destiny and Halo wouldn't co-exist peacefully. The likelihood is, they'll use the same engine but it'll be a completely different game. Unless, of course, the game is set in the Halo universe, which may not be too radical. They still own the rights to Halo, right?

Are you sure Destiny is in the Halo universe? Because according to Bungie and Activision's report, the game can also go to the PS3. But no, Bungie doesn't own the rights to Halo. If they did, 343 wouldn't be making Halo 4. Microsoft owns the IP.

There is no way Destiny is in the Halo universe. Bungie owns nothing from Halo. I would not be so sure about Bungie developing a cohesive universe. The shooting part they were good at but even when they were assisted heavily by the fiction they ignored a lot of it. Story telling was not their strong suit IMO. That said I think Destiny is rumored to be a FPS MMO type so who knows.

There is no way Destiny is in the Halo universe. Bungie owns nothing from Halo. I would not be so sure about Bungie developing a cohesive universe. The shooting part they were good at but even when they were assisted heavily by the fiction they ignored a lot of it. Story telling was not their strong suit IMO. That said I think Destiny is rumored to be a FPS MMO type so who knows.

If it's a FPS MMO, then that pretty much nullifies the co existing issue I brought up. I thought it was just another FPS game.

an FPS MMO would actually be pretty cool, especially a halo style one

an FPS MMO would actually be pretty cool, especially a halo style one

Don't be too sure. It MIGHT be cool. But the jury is still out. Anyone that has tried this so far had their end product come out mediocre at best. The most recent culprit was the game, Huxley.

Don't be too sure. It MIGHT be cool. But the jury is still out. Anyone that has tried this so far had their end product come out mediocre at best. The most recent culprit was the game, Huxley.

that game was never even released was it? I just read about that not too long ago and I was sure that it was canceled.

Nope, it never released. It was in beta for an extremely long time. It was playable for awhile on the PC. It was meant to go to the 360 as well at some point. But in the end, it turned out to be too low quality a product and never got a release.

What is Destiny and why should I care? That's the tough challenge facing ANY new title regardless of who made it. I am reminded of Tabula Rasa by Richard garriott, the creator of perhaps the longest running MMORPG Ultima Online. Just because he helped make it a reality did not make it popular and it shut down not too long after launch, a flop.

I think Bungie has enjoyed their best days already, and awesome days those were!

I'm sure there will still be zealous fanboys, but I have hope that those who bash either series simply due to their fanboyism will look like tools. Personally, I think 343 is doing just fine so far with Halo, and now Bungie gets to cover new ground, so it's a win-win.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back