Can You Remember Getting Halo 2?

Waiting for the midnight release of Halo 2 was like.. Omg.. I can't even begin to explain the nostalgia rushing over my brain right now XD. Grabbing that pure silver metal special edition case. It may me feel complete =D. Was in my opinion, other than Combat Evolved of course, the greatest spot the game as ever been in. The online matchmaking never got old. It was a phenomenal game. I felt 3 ruined the vehicles, which were always the biggest pull for me, when it came to Halo games. I was a banshee god haha. But every story line and campaign has always been phenomenal. The story has always been my biggest pull so I will forever stay devoted to the series. But man.... Halo 2.... those memories :)

Aye, 3 did ruin vehicles. It wasn't just you. At least 3's PVP felt more complete though, to make up for it at least.

But waiting for that pre-order man, I am right there with you - I know that feel, bro.

I remember getting it for the 360 since I wasn't of age to own an original Xbox, but I still reminisce about the days I used to play it.

I didn't like Halo 2 as much as the first game, but I perfectly recall getting it.
It was November 15th, if I recall correctly, the day it was released in my country and I went and got it with my father from a major departmental store. Went to the movies, and came back home anxious to start playing! Beat the campaign in two days and started playing online immediately after.
Had some great times and memories with that game.

Also, a few months before it was released, I went to a gaming convention where they had demos and advances for a ton of cool games at the time. I won a Smash Bros. Melee tournament but got disqualified while claiming the prize because I didn't officially sign up, just took someone's spot (he registered but didn't show up) to play. :p
That same day I stood in line with my older brother for about 2 hours just to get a 3-minute free-for-all match as an advance for Halo 2. They even gave us a pin to brag we'd already played Halo 2...
Ah, the memories. :)

Having played some of the original Halo multiplayer sometime before buying Halo 2 it was a pretty stark contrast. Nothing against the original, I love that game, but damn those maps are pretty boring visually compared to the war-torn Zanzibar. Sure, there are some cool maps like Blood Gulch, but Zanzibar has some real personality.. A lot of the maps in the first Halo are sterile "sci-fi" maps with minimal texture work.

The first time I played Halo 2 on Xbox Live. I played for about 10 hours straight, and the only reason I stopped was because I fell asleep playing in front of the TV, woke up a couple hours later and played it for another 5 hours before retiring to bed :p

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back