Halo 1 Engine Test

sparky

How much do you know about Halo's game engine? Take this test. There is no prize... what is this, the age of instant gratification? I will post some numbered questions, and if you reply correctly, then you can say that you know the answer. Which means absolutely nothing besides that you know the answer. So let's get started.

#1: Name all the tag types used in the Halo Editing Kit programs. Provide their four-letter type, file extension, what you think that tag type should actually be called, and a short description of how the game engine uses that tag type. List the tag types in alphabetical order by their four-letter type name.

#2: Tag files store data in sections. The first section is called the header, and the section after that stores the main metadata information that the game uses. How many bytes of data is the header of a tag?

#3: Tags are compiled into .map cache files using Tool's "build-cache-file" command. What are the primary tag files that Tool looks for when compiling a .map cache file?

#4: When a tag references another tag, that reference is called a dependency. What four values does a dependency consist of?

#5: The maximum number of players in a multiplayer game is 16. What data type restriction makes this limitation difficult to overcome in Halo's network code?

For all this work, you better at least let us school you online in HALO LOL.

And yes, this is the world of instant gratification.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back