Ordnance drops: My only gripe with Halo 4 multiplayer

BitesizeCrayons

Ordnance drops. It's not even that I dislike them as a feature; I think they're fine in themselves, I just hate their random nature. I don't like how one player might get an Incineration Cannon as an option, while the best thing another might get in their roll is a Speed Boost. A solution would be to have three tiers of ordnance, each giving progressively useful rewards, but these rewards are static. What do you think, Halo Forum?

The 3 tier Ordnance drops you are describing would still cause the imbalance that plagues this game. They tried to make it random but Ordnance drops in general have created chaos in the game. Combined with the loadouts and the Global Ordnance there are way too many power weapons on the map.

I think that they should have set ordinances, you seem the odds on different maps where if you get a ordinance drop 50% of the time its a sniper which is cool but not really. My opinion, take them off put back power weapons in certain spots of the map.

That would be just fine with me, but it seems that devs are afraid to leave things alone these days. This is one instance where I can say "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" is the phrase.

I'm sort of in the middle with ordinance drops. I do miss the power weapons being in the same spot, but I really don't mind the drops either. I wouldn't mind being able to choose whether I want to play with them or not online. I'm not sure how hard that would be though.

That feeling when your ordinance drop lands on and kills an enemy running towards you. Pretty much the only good thing about ordinance drops. I've always had terrible luck with my options.

Generally speaking, the more features there are in multiplayer, the more difficult it's going to be to become accustomed to. I picked up on Halo 2 pretty quickly because it wasn't much different than the campaign in terms of gameplay, but nowadays Halo multiplayer is an entirely different experience. The first time I played Halo 3 online, I got destroyed pretty quickly because of all the new features that weren't in Halo 2. All in all I think it's important to try and match other players' skill level so that you don't get left in the dust.

I hate ordnance in Halo 4. Because ordnance is simply not fit for Halo. In Halo, you're supposed to fight for the power weapons. Ordnance ruins that concept.

My sentiments exactly. Change is good, but not inherently so, and this is one thing that fundamentally changes the Halo formula, and not for the better.

I haven't really used ordinance drops that much, but they do seem a bit unnecessary. While I don't think they should be making major changes just for the sake of making changes, I like to see them trying out new ideas in general. I've only gotten a few ordinance drops, but I'm never really able to make use of them in time.

I'm okay with the concept with ordinance drops, but I think it's better that they're taken out of the game. Every time I get an ordinance I get the worst choices. They should really work on the randomization of the weapons. More than 75% of the time I always get the sticky detonator. I absolutely suck using that weapon, I can't get a kill for my life. Every time I use it I miss then get killed from the player i'm trying to kill.

AvalonX said:
The 3 tier Ordnance drops you are describing would still cause the imbalance that plagues this game. They tried to make it random but Ordnance drops in general have created chaos in the game. Combined with the loadouts and the Global Ordnance there are way too many power weapons on the map.
Mhmm, someone would get a kill streak such as in CoD, and then suddenly there's you with just a speed boost, trying to take down people with massive third Tier rewards.

There's just no easy way to 'fix' this problem really. Unless they randomise the weapon drops better, and link it to something else, like say, amount of time spent in game. So if you're getting it at the beginning, you're getting the lower tier, but if its close to the end, you can come back with a higher tier.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back