Why Halo Infinite was so underwhelming

Mr. Bookworm

Man, where do I even begin? I remember booting up the first Halo games back in the day and getting lost in their epic stories and gunfights. So, when Infinite was teased, my hype levels were through the roof. But boy oh boy, did 343 Industries drop the ball on this one.

First off, where's the damn roadmap they kept hyping up? Both Joe Staten and Brian Jarrard said they needed “more time”, but it's 2023 now. How much longer do we gotta wait? It feels like they're stringing us along, hoping we'll forget. And don’t even get me started on that Attrition mode. Who in their right mind takes out a fan-favorite game mode? It's like ripping a page out of a book.

And speaking of content, or lack thereof, what's up with the maps? Older Halo titles had us spoiled for choice, and now with Infinite, I feel like I’m rummaging through scraps. I mean, come on.

But the absolute kicker for me? The desync issues. How many times have I aimed dead-on, only for the server to say, "Nah, you missed." It's beyond maddening! I've seen so many rants and clips about it on reddit, and yet, it feels like 343's just turned on ‘do not disturb’. Plus, when they say their devs are busy with "other tasks", what's more important than fixing a game that's clearly broken?

I get it, they had a smashing launch. Kudos to them. But look at where we are now. I mean, just look the Steam stats. It's a ghost town compared to the bustling city it was at launch.

It’s not all bad though. The Battle Royale mode? Absolute fire. But one good feature doesn't excuse the rest. We're not just talking about a game. We're talking about a legacy.

All I'm saying is, we don't hate Halo Infinite. Far from it. We just want the game we were promised, the game we've been waiting for. 343 Industries, it's time to step up. For all our sakes.

Agree with all the points here. And I'm gonna drop a rant here soon too. Like the content missing is crazy... Like here's an open world wasteland. Have fun...

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back