With Halo in 343's hands, are you more interested in Halo or Destiny?

BitesizeCrayons

Is it just Bungie's touch that made Halo amazing? I'm of the opinion that Halo 4 is a great game, but aside from Reach, it's not quite up to par with Bungie's Halo titles. While I'll still continue to buy Halo games as long as Microsoft doesn't make any dumb decisions with their new Xbox, I'm personally more focused on Destiny. Bungie has this unique quality to their games that no other dev teams have, and I have a great deal of respect for them in an industry that seems to want to cater to what sells the most (I know, it comes with the territory, and business is business). I just feel that Bungie won't let their true fanbase down, and Destiny is either going to reinforce that or make them lose appeal to me; they have a lot at stake with this new IP.

The one issue that scares me is the always online to play stuff. That aside I think Bungie is going to be targeting the Halo fan. They know how to do MP (Reach aside).

BitesizeCrayons said:
Is it just Bungie's touch that made Halo amazing? I'm of the opinion that Halo 4 is a great game, but aside from Reach, it's not quite up to par with Bungie's Halo titles. While I'll still continue to buy Halo games as long as Microsoft doesn't make any dumb decisions with their new Xbox, I'm personally more focused on Destiny. Bungie has this unique quality to their games that no other dev teams have, and I have a great deal of respect for them in an industry that seems to want to cater to what sells the most (I know, it comes with the territory, and business is business). I just feel that Bungie won't let their true fanbase down, and Destiny is either going to reinforce that or make them lose appeal to me; they have a lot at stake with this new IP.
I disagree with that. If you plan halo 4 on LAN, its amazing! Im sad that halo 4 was released so early but i will say they have made it soooo much better than when it first came out! And i think they will make a even better job when the next title is released from 343. Nothing taken away from bungie there awesome but you remember how long it took bungie took release updates and playlist changes. Im glad 343 is listening to the community

I concede that Halo 4 is a great game, and their playlist updates are frequent and well-done. 343 does listen to the community, and that is definitely a good thing, and I have a lot of other nice things to say about them as well. I might have came off in my post as if I believe Bungie is solely what made Halo great, but I think 343 is doing just fine.

I am more interested in Halo, still. I found Halo 4 to have a very interesting campaign (I love the forerunners and precursors), and the multiplayer was my favorite since Halo 3. Master Chief and Cortana's relationship also became more interesting as it headed to a tragic end. I now can't wait to see Chief reacts to being paired with a new Cortana model and to find out what else we can learn about Master Chief's role as foretold by the forerunners.

Meanwhile, Destiny just hasn't grabbed me. It seems like such a complicated story full of cliche Science Fiction characters. It almost seems like it is so big, that it is difficult to jump in. I'll probably get more excited closer to launch, and I'll give it a try. Right now I just am not that excited, but who knows, maybe the game will end up being one of my favorite franchises?

I really think that Destiny is going to be a great game. But I will forever be in love with the Halo franchise despite the disappointment that is Halo 4.

After seeing the gameplay at E3 Destiny reminds me of Borderlands more than Halo. I will always be interested in Halo more however playlists aside, Halo 4 is still a total mess online. That aside, Destiny is going to be the "it" game. It is already with a year left to launch.

I'm somewhat more interested in Destiny as a whole, but mostly just because it's new. Obviously Halo has cemented itself as a great franchise, so you don't really have the unpredictability factor (though they still keep things fresh). Destiny is shaping up to be an excellent game in itself, but until we're able to see it up close and actually play it, it's mostly just speculation.

I'm going to stick with the classic Halo series. I've grown up and getting to love the Halo series. I'm sure it will be better and better with each upcoming year.

I'm interested in what they're gonna do with the next Halo game they teased at us, but I'm more interested in Destiny right now. Someone said it looked like Borderlands, which is true, but I'm curious to see what Bungie has done to distance itself from just another Borderlands clone. And of course, Destiny is new so we don't really know what we're getting, while we've played a lot of Halo games already.

Both. Why not? 343 is a section of Bungie, it's not like Blizzard North and Blizzard. They still hold the team in higher regards, and I'm sure 343 talks to Bungie and vice versa.

Why not enjoy the best of both worlds?

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back