Exin

Zandril

Staff member
From
42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
"If you can’t be criticized for it, it’s probably not remarkable. Are you devoting yourself to something devoid of criticism?"

Hello people of the forum. What do you think is the prettiest Forge canvas in Halo 4? Forge Island? Wrong.

It's Ravine. Seeing as I love Ravine so much, I decided to make another map in it. In fact, this is only my second competitive map on Ravine.

I call this map Exin.

Exin is latin for Next. Next = Next competitive map on Ravine. Yeah, I'm creative.

3MhlzqF.jpg

This map is asymmetric, pretty, and is built for 2v2.

Basically, I wanted to make a map that uses the waterfalls of Ravine. I've never seen a forge map put Ravine's waterfall area to good use so I decided to make a map that does.

That's the core idea that started this map. The waterfall. The pretty, pretty waterfall.

Exin is compatible with multiple gametypes. These being Slayer, Extraction, and KotH.

Something nice about this map is that its 3 power positions all serve different purposes in KotH and Extraction. Each power position overlooks a certain hill or extraction site which makes controlling that position essential to the victory.

For KotH and Extraction, a good strategy is having one teammate hold the hill/extract the target while his teammate goes to the power position overlooking that hill/site to prevent the enemy team from killing his teammate.

Controlling the power positions in this map in obective games is a MUST if a team wants to win.

MAP DOWNLOAD LINK: halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/bf744b21-3829-433a-804a-ad5c403936d0

RECOMMENDED GAMETYPES
1v1 Slayer: halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/e4533258-2d1a-4f4f-9647-ec252c15e14f

2v2 Slayer: halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/filebrowser/details/fd8bc1f7-20da-4901-9a58-a63dc24bea98

2v2 Extraction: halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/4c09d816-58fe-4203-aaa1-69b0bd71c21b

2v2 King of the Hill: halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo4/fileshare/details/166e109b-8020-4e50-a221-54232abfa7e3

Power weapons

- Sniper Rifle (90s respawn. 0 spare clips. Doesn't spawn at the start of the match.)
- Concussion Rifle (120s respawn. 0 spare clips.)

SCREENSHOTS

suCwQKQ.jpg

j8Gc1m8.jpg

LXfdvXt.jpg

HbOq3jP.jpg

9HsHm41.jpg

PvQgTk0.jpg

lS27OWS.jpg

yaiuaB2.jpg

TJFWtYh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back