TorchuVadergear

For months and months I waited for the Halo 4 launch date to be announced, and for the game to be available in stores. Needless to say, I preordered at first possible chance. I've since been making the pre-order a big deal to all gamers I know, pressuring them to be present at a midnight release; somewhere. I'm going to GameStop, by myself I'm afraid. :(

The following day, I'll be devoting it to nothing more than Halo 4. I'm working ahead to be ready for the big day. I also have plans to play with my best friend over a week-long period to finish the campaign. It's our tradition ever since Halo 3 came out to do this with new Halo games.

As you can tell, I'm excited for the new game. I have a lot of trust in 343's capabilities to make this thing great! ^_^

What's your take? Are you going to do anything special for the release?

What was your experience during the midnight launch? How long did you last to play the game afterward?

-Torch

It's going to be off the hook man, lots of doritos and other junk food and just sweet Halo playing for many many hours. We are splitting time between playing at my house and our two neighbors houses. It's going to be unbelievable, wow I am so excited.

Doritos? I think it's going to be red bull at my house! I'm taking the time left to launch to get my computer ready to edit videos, it's always fun at launch to fight players who aren't quite comfortable with the game yet. You can tell who these players are because when they get hit with a sniper shot they start spinning around to try and find me instead of getting out of sight quick :)

I showed up to the launch an hour early and got a decent spot in line. I happened to tag along with a buddy; but he had brought along about 30~ish games to trade in, so that obviously warranted some impatient people behind us. :s

Anyway, while we were in line, the employees passed out doritos and free double EXP codes :D
I eventually got through the line, (and finished waiting for my pal to finish his trade,) and I purchased Halo 4 Limited Edition along with the Mass Effect Trilogy. This coupled with my new Minecraft Server, and newly purchased Battlefield 3 Premium is going to keep me extremely busy. For like, ever.

The night of the release, we bought chips, soft tacos, and Mountain Dew. I was sure to not drink any mountain Dew until after 5:00 AM the following day. This prevented a complete sugar crash, and worked perfectly into a well-timed escapade to fall asleep at 7:20 and awake less than two hours later fully refreshed. :)
So here I am, 17:11 (5:11PM), waiting on my pals in Vegas to get online so I can play level 3 of the story. And I'm not in the least tired. At all.

-Torch

I was going to head to the midnight release with a few of my friends but unfortunately (D:) I didn't have any cash whatsoever.

However, I'm going to be grabbed Halo 4 as soon as I can grab some cash, so wish me luck guys, maybe I'll be blasting around with you guys sometime soon!

This is the kind of thing you MIGHT have got me to do when I was younger. But even then, that was a stretch.

I just can't see myself waiting outside overnight or worse, camping out just for a game. I love games, but not that much. Not even for Halo can I see myself doing this.

This is the kind of thing you MIGHT have got me to do when I was younger. But even then, that was a stretch.

I just can't see myself waiting outside overnight or worse, camping out just for a game. I love games, but not that much. Not even for Halo can I see myself doing this.

So true that you can just stop by the store a day later and get the game with no crazy lines. You might even be able to find it used, with the pre-order codes unused on the inside of the case! That happened to me with Halo Wars, and I was busy saying the same thing you are.

However. I've decided that we as people need something to look forward to. I looked forward to the Halo 4 release for several months, and I didn't amp up my expectations in the least. In the end I was rewarded by a great night with my friends, and memories that will last a lifetime. Besides, I get to brag about the midnight release; not because anything awesome happened, but because it was a moment I waited for, and a moment of fun and excitement.

Either way, I am still with you in that you won't catch me camping out in front of a store. I did wait in line for 45 minutes though. :p

-Torch

I got annoyed waiting for 8 minutes at the grocery store just now, waiting 8 hours for anything would never involve a mall store, ya know? I'd wait that long for concert tickets maybe if I knew they'd be sold out in 10 minutes but even then, why?

For reasons that still are beyond me I never tried to preorder the game until the collector's editions were sold out so I ended up having to buy one from someone on ebay. I really didn't mind spending the extra money as long as I continue collcting every Halo collector's edition. I ended up getting the game in the mail 3 days later and spent the entire day playing the campaign, beating it, then immediately moving onto the multiplayer. I got bored with the multiplayer fast though since connecting with my friends tend to eb a problem while they are at their college dorms.

Status updates

The revamp is complete!
Ooops I did it again.
Please don't tell me I'm in a Ghost Town :(
So sad that Halo CE for PC is ending in a few days.
Time to start gearing up for Destiny, I guess
Back